Monday 13 September 2010

How do they do it!?

So I always thought that it would be simple to start my weight loss blog- I would start it... people would follow it... and the words of encouragement would come pouring in! Apparently it's not that simple... Because of the fact that I want this blog to be secret to the people that I know in real life (I know, pathetic!) it's hard for me to spread the word about it- it's not like I'm going to post the link in my facebook status and let everyone I know know that I hate myself... especially not when I'm the first to preach the importance of self love to any of my friends who dare say a bad word about themselves in my presence. I feel like being overweight has made me feel like I have to put in ten times more effort into hiding my low self esteem- I have a lot of pride and having been bullied badly in my past I'm not OK with showing any weakness of any sorts to others. Is it because of my excess of pride though, or do others feel this way? How often do we feign indifference to how we look when actually on the inside we'd do anything to change it? I guess this also depends on how supportive those around you are to your weight loss ambitions- my parents, my mum especially, have always made me feel a bit judged because of my size, with my mum often quietly telling me 'enough' in a different language when I would go for seconds helpings at dinner parties. My sister and brother are both fitness freaks, my sister constantly eating healthily and addicted to her exercise regime. My friends, like I said in my previous post, are all naturally slim, and so wouldn't be able to relate to my insecurities about my weight, and as a result of all this I've often felt the need to hide how I truly see myself, which has definitely been detrimental to my weight loss!  Leave your comments (if I ever gain any readers!) with tips on how I can get my blog more well known in the cyber world whilst keeping my true identity secret (super hero style! :P) and on whether any of you can relate to feeling like you have to pretend to be happy with yourselves. 

3 comments:

Robin said...

Ohhh Chiku, your post makes me sad! Its so hard to lose weight and be happy with ourselves. But my sister and I started our blog just a few months to encourage each other and anyone else who will listen to us and read what we have to say.
So many things get in our way in life. Pride, self doubt, laziness(me), being self conscious just to name a few. But at some point in our lives we have to take back control!! We have to be just a tad but selfish and do something just for us!! You can do it Chiku!! I know you can!! PLease stop by our blog often. We are truly here to help motivate and be motivated! Sending big hugs!! ~Robin~

http://cutebycomparison.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I have been becoming a blog follower and leaving comments. I have picked up two followers that way, perhaps three with you? I look forward to traveling the journey of weight loss with you as I start this journey as well. Join me. http://potatodiva.blogspot.com.

Hang in there. Keep your chin up. It burns calories!

Sandra Bridges said...

Words of encouragement will come pouring in! You just have to keep doing what you're doing by following other peoples blogs and commenting on them... They in turn will follow you... someone will read your comments and they will follow you too. Pretty soon you'll have so much encouragement you, will feel guilty about letting people down and THAT my friend is how change comes ;)

Keep it up! You're so young now id the BEST time to do it! You're body is resilient and will do things you never knew it could do xox