Tuesday 21 September 2010

I'm baaaaaaaackkk!

I disappeared, I know, but came back right on time because my diet started today! :) I've been moving into my new student flat with my two friends and we haven't had internet or TV until today! We met yesterday with the Cambridge Weight Plan consultant and my two flat mates have joined the diet with me! They only want to lose about a stone (14 lbs) so I'll be on it for a lot longer than them but I'm so glad that I have two friends suffering with me, especially because the first few days are said to be the hardest =/ So the woman came and weighed us, took our measurements (my waistline is only 36 inches! yaayy! :D I'm gonna be hungry for the next two months. aawww. :( ) and decided to start us on the second stage of the diet because the first part is for people who want to lose drastic amounts of weight. So this means that I get three Cambridge diet "meals" and one small meal a day- all in all I will be consuming 810 calories a day. The point of this diet is to put your body into a state of 'ketosis'. This means that your body is taking in fewer calories than it needs and so it starts burning the extra fat that you have instead- on average you lose 4-7 lbs a week! Eeeeeeee!!! (That was the sound of my excitement hah!) So far today I've had a porridge which tasted like shit but also tasted like weight loss- which made up for the fact that  I hate porridge AND the fact that Cambridge Weight Plan apple and cinnamon porridge is DEFINITELY not the same as the usual porridge you get! It has no sugar in it so it just tasted super salty and ick. I definitely want to make sure I exercise while on this diet too- no way do I want to reach my perfect weight only to find that I have loads of saggy excess skin! I'm just so excited to do well at this diet and go back home and show everyone the new me! I think that's the part that's most exciting about this all- all my family and friends back in Italy are going to be SHOCKED when they see me! Especially because this summer's trip to Houston definitely didn't do my weight any good and I went back to Rome even fatter and self conscious. I went to a house warming party last night and sat on the sofa with my arms covering my stomach the entire time, thinking to myself the whole time that I can't wait until I no longer need to hide any part of myself! LET THE WEIGHT LOSS BEGIN!

2 comments:

cmacraven said...

Good Luck! Not that you need luck, especially with your housemates on board!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Let us know how that is going! I think if I had housemates on the same plan as me that would be so motivating!!